- This Privacy Notice is applicable to John Williams Heating Services Ltd’s website at www.jw-heating.co.uk and www.jwheating.co.uk. John Williams Heating Services Ltd takes your privacy very seriously. This policy covers the collection, processing and other use of personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which was introduced on the 25th May 2018.
- For the purpose of the GDPR we are the Data Controller. Any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer of John Williams Heating Services Ltd at the following address, Unit D14 Bumpers Way, Bumpers Farm, Chippenham, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN14 6LH.
- By using our website, you consent to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Information we collect:
- We will collect personal data on this website only if it is directly provided to us by you, the user, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. Details we collect might include your name, e-mail address, home or work address, telephone number and tenant’s details (if applicable). Normally you will only provide such details if you wish to contact us to enquire about the services we provide or request a quotation. Methods of data collection include but are not limited to our contact form / email contact / online chat.
Use of your Information:
- We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the GDPR.
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. If you have told us that you consent to us sending you details of offers and services that may be of interest to you, the information will also be used for this purpose.
Disclosure of your Information:
- We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
- Where you have consented for us to do so, we may provide your data to selected third parties who may contact you in relation to your project. For example, if you require works that we need to sub-contract to another company.
- If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties’ use, you have the right to withhold your consent to this by writing to us at the address in clause 2 or sending us an email to email@example.com at any time.
- If you take out a Boiler Finance package with us, your details (including any relevant financial information) will be passed to Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance who provide credit facilities on our behalf. The application process for Boiler Finance involves a credit and status check and it is assumed that by applying for a package, you consent to this being carried out.
- If you take out a Care Plan package with us, your details (including your bank details) will be passed to Eazipay Ltd who provide direct debit collections and management on our behalf. By taking out a Care Plan with us, you consent to your data being passed to Eazipay Ltd.
Controlling the Use of your Data:
- If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided, you can write to us at the address in clause 2 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Where we store and transfer your data:
- As part of the services offered to you, for example through our website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside the EEA, or use servers based outside the EEA. This is generally the nature of data stored in the cloud. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside the EEA.
- We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent. (It is not our standard practice to collect this type of information in any case).
- We may disclose your personal data outside of John Williams Heating Services Ltd (a) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and (b) if John Williams Heating Services Ltd’s business is bought by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the assets to transfer to the buyer. However, any such transfer will only be on terms that the confidentiality of your personal data is protected and that the recipient will continue to comply with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
- Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law, or in the ‘good faith belief’ that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or our website.
- We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information. We have a company retention policy which lays down timescales for the retention of information. We have set these timescales in accordance with applicable legislation and where none exist, then we will keep your information for a period of 7 years after which time it will be deleted.
- The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site, and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- John Williams Heating Services Ltd uses CCTV images to provide a safe and secure workplace for employees and visitors to company premises and to protect company property. Our CCTV records images only, there is no audio. Images that are stored are erased or destroyed once the purpose of the recording is no longer required. Access to and disclosure of images is restricted. Where a law enforcement agency is investigating a crime, images may be kept longer.
- The website may contain links to websites owned by other organisations. If you follow a link to another website, these websites will have their own privacy policies. We suggest that you check the policies of any other websites before giving them your personal information as we cannot accept responsibility for any other website.
Access to Information
- The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you by us. Please contact us if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information, we hold about you. You can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 above or by email to email@example.com. There is no charge for asking us to provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of you requesting it unless we need to extend the time for responding, if this is the case, we will let you know within one month of receiving your request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Changing / Deleting your Data
- You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can also ask us to restrict the information that we process about you. Furthermore, if you believe that any of the information, we hold about you is incorrect then you can request to see a copy of it and have it corrected or deleted if it is no longer relevant. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2 above or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that we are unable to delete any data that we are legally required to keep, such as Direct Debit details under the requirements of the Direct Debit Guarantee. If you ask us to cease using or delete your data, we may no longer be able to provide you with our services.
Transferring Personal Information
- You have the right to request that your personal information is transferred by us to another organisation (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at email@example.com with the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request. If may not be technically feasible, but we will work with you to try and find a solution.
- If you have been through the internal complaints procedure and are still not happy with the result, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted as follows:
Information Commissioners Office
Changes to this privacy notice:
- We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our website, policies and in response to customer feedback. Please regularly review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how we are protecting your personal data.
- If you have any queries or comments regarding this privacy notice, please feel free to contact us using the following details – By post: Unit D14 Bumpers Way, Bumpers Farm, Chippenham, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN14 6LH; By email: firstname.lastname@example.org or By Phone: 01249 709024.
This Privacy Notice was last updated January 2019.